About Elizabeth S.M. Feltes, DVM
ACVB Non-Conforming Resident in Training
At The Ohio State University, I earned my Bachelors of Science in Animal Science in 2001. I then worked in a Masters of Science program for one year focusing on animal behavior, foced mostly on horse behavior.
Next, I entered the College of Veterinary Medicine in 2002. During veterinary medical school, I did training and behavioral modification services in Columbus, Ohio. While in veterinary medical school, I held the positions of Vice President in the Veterinary Behavior Club and in the Human-Animal Bond Club. I have also co-published articles (Do Animals Grieve? AAH-ABV Newsletter; Fall 2005, Vol. 14) and handouts on animal behavior and behavioral medicine for The Ohio State University’s Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
During my final year of schooling, I worked in two externships. One with board-certified veterinary behaviorist, Dr. Lore Haug, in College Station, Texas and one with board-qualified veterinary behaviorist, Dr. Amy Marder, in Boston, MA. I then graduated in 2006 with a Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine.
From 2006-2007, I practiced general medicine and surgery with a special interest in behavior in Middleburg Heights, Ohio. In September 2007, Animal Behavior of Northeast Ohio LLC was born.
As owner of this, The Behavior Clinic; Animal Behavior of Northeast Ohio, LLC, my focus is solely on behavior. I educate the public through seminars in the Midwest, offer continuing education for veterinarians & veterinary technicians, and consult on behavioral problems in companion pets. My philosophy is utilizing the most positive, least intrusive and most effective means possible to change behavior.
In 2008 after having my first son, I started Pregnant with Pets; A seminar for Expecting Families with Pets. This program is designed to help families with normal or problem-behavior animals set the WHOLE family up to succeed when the new baby arrives. It is now available through a 1 hour recorded webinar. One month access is available for purchase through the main phone line at TBC.
- Current Non-Conforming Veterinary Behavior Resident of the American College of Veterinary Behaviorists
- 2006 Graduated from The Ohio State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine with a Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine
- 2001-2002 Participated in a Masters of Science Program at The Ohio State University’s College of Agriculture in Equine Behavior
- 2001 Graduated Cum Laude from The Ohio State University’s College of Food, Agriculture & Environmental Science with a Bachelor’s of Science in Animal Science
- Member of the American Veterinary Medical Association
- Member of the Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- Member of the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior
- Board Member of the Cleveland Academy of Veterinary Medicine; Current President; Immediate Past President 2010-2011
- Veterinary Information Network Member since 2006
- Member of The Ohio State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine’s Alumni Association